When it was placed on the market in 1914, ‘Ashridge’ was described as a “Magnificent Brick Residence” commanding “one of the best positions in the district” and it’s a testament to the vision and efforts of its current owners that it remains that and more today.
Meticulously and significantly upgraded in recent years with no expense spared to reflect modern expectations and standards, this elegant and expansive home is ready for one very lucky family to spoil themselves this Christmas by securing this prestigious abode.
The house itself contains all the treasured features you’d expect of its era, including a classic tuckpointed facade on elevated limestone foundations with sweeping entry, wide and welcoming return verandah, stunning leadlight front door and surrounds, superb vestibule, soaring ornate ceilings and grand original rooms that will delight you with their light, space and original fireplaces.
A generous and versatile floorplan provides for a multitude of living and accommodation options, including up to 5 bedrooms if desired and an indulgent upstairs parent’s retreat with WIR, renovated ensuite and prime city views from your large private balcony.
The vast, travertine tiled undercover alfresco entertaining space connected to the shimmering pool (just in time for Summer!) provides the perfect spot for outdoor entertaining and parties and the secure, sprawling front yard and landscaped gardens a wonderful place for younger children and pets to play.
Location wise you’re positioned at the axis of arguably Mount Lawley’s finest precinct, within an easy stroll of the abundant attractions of Beaufort Street, Perth College, transport, sought after local schools, parks and the Mount Lawley Bowling Club whilst being less than 3.5km from the CBD - all adding up to near city living at its finest.
Highlights of this superb property include but aren’t limited to:
- Stunning & substantial, circa 1905, grand character home in standout location that’s move in ready with nothing to spend or do - all the hard work and expense to bring it up to date has been done for you
- Full 984sqm block with secure off street parking for up to 4 cars plus easy side access
- Flexible floorplan that can be configured in a wide variety of ways to suit both current and future needs, including up to 5 bedrooms (or even 6 if required), two with ensuite bathrooms (including alternate downstairs main) plus a third family bathroom, formal and informal living & dining areas as well as home office and home theatre options - the choice is yours!
- Sensational original rooms & features that contribute to a sense of opulence and wow factor upon entry as well as pride in knowing that you’re the custodian of a piece of local history
- Beautifully renovated kitchen with Miele appliances, Essa stone benchtops, glass splashbacks and secret walk in butlers pantry plus more than enough storage and bench space for your well loved gadgets and getting together with friends and family to cook up a storm
- Practical casual family living and dining area at the rear with direct access and aspect to the lovely outdoor alfresco area and pool.
- Fully renovated laundry (indeed all wet areas have been fully renovated including replacement foundations in some areas)
- Separate and completely refurbished (including new, wider stairwell) upstairs parents retreat with its own living area (or Bed 5 or optional home theatre room) and oversized main bedroom, ensuite and WIR plus fabulous private balcony affording picturesque city views - sneak upstairs for a quiet glass of wine whilst enjoying the sunset or set up your mini gym and take in the elevated aspect as you work out - bliss!
- BONUS under house storage and wine cellar
- Ducted reverse cycle aircon throughout
- Bore reticulated gardens
- Security alarm and secure, gated entry
- Large double carport plus additional secure off street parking
If quality, history, versatility and elegance are the hallmarks of what you expect in your new, forever family home, you’ve found it.
Council: $3,274.66 pa
Water: $1,868.33 pa