electricity and gas connection
You will need to phone Synergy and Alinta Gas at your earliest convenience to connect the accounts in your name. In most cases this will be completed over the phone. If you live in a strata building and they cannot find your unit, please check with your property manager as it may be invoiced by the strata company direct to your property manager.
Synergy: 13 13 53
Alinta Gas: 13 13 58
- Rent under your Residential Tenancy Agreement is payable in advance. If at any time you are unable to make a rental payment, on or before the due date, please make immediate contact with one of our property managers, so that we can do our best to accommodate you.
Your bond will be lodged with the Bond Administrator with the WA Department of Consumer & Employment Protection. Once you have vacated the property we lodge a 'Bond Disposal Form' to the Department of Consumer & Employment Protection in order for your bond to be refunded.
The bond is held as security against any damage or undue wear and tear. The bond will be refunded promptly after you vacate, provided the premises are left in the same condition as they were at the commencement of the tenancy (or as close to as possible).
- During the course of your tenancy, our Property Managers will inspect the premises once after the first 6 weeks of the tenancy, and every 3 months thereafter. These inspections are carried out during our normal office hours only and you will receive written notification at least 7 days in advance. You are welcome to be present during an inspection, however if you are unable to be present, the office keys will be used. Please be sure to provide the property manager with your alarm code if applicable and keep any dogs outside for the inspection.
- We strongly recommend you arrange your own contents insurance as your possessions will not be covered by the owners insurance.
repairs and maintenance
All repairs are attended to as promptly as possible, however it is often necessary to obtain the property owner's approval and/or quotes before any work can commence, so a delay is sometimes unavoidable.
Where applicable, the upkeep of the gardens and grounds are your responsibility. Please do not store unnecessary paper, rubbish, bottles, cans etc. on or around the premises.
keys and locks
- You are not permitted to change the locks or have extra keys cut without prior consent from the owner/agent. Should you lose your keys or lock them inside it is your responsibility to arrange a locksmith at your expense. If the lock requires changing due to lost or stolen keys you must provide our agency with a copy of the new set.
changes to personal information
- Should you change your contact numbers, email address or postal address during your tenancy, please ensure you provide our agency with your new details.
termination of the tenancy agreement
Your Residential Tenancy Agreement is a legally binding contract, providing protection for both you and the owner. You can terminate the Residential Tenancy Agreement in the following ways:
- If you intend to vacate at the end of your Residential Tenancy Agreement we ask that you provide us with 21 days written notice prior to the expiry of the fixed term of your Agreement.
- Once the fixed term has expired, you are required to provide bellcourt property group with 21 days written notice of your intention to vacate the premises.
If unforseen circumstances arise and you need to vacate prior to the expiry of your Residential Tenancy Agreement, please contact one of our Property Managers immediately and we will endeavour to find another suitable tenant. However, you may be responsible for rent and maintenance of the property until another tenant is found, as well as other costs associated with the reletting of the property.
Please be aware if there are more than one party on the lease agreement, you must advise our office should one tenant leave during your tenancy as paperwork must be completed. This will ensure a hassle free disposal of your bond when the tenancy is finalised.
For further information regarding your rights and responsibilities as a tenant, please feel free to contact one of our property managers.