When not simply relaxing and picking fruit from the exotic lemon, orange and mandarin citrus trees, you will be entertaining your guests out on the rear alcove and deck that splendidly overlooks the lush rear lawns. The open pergola in the yard is private, protected and provides you with another place to sit and unwind, whilst the handy right-of-way back lane is nice and wide, allowing you to enter your remote-controlled single lock-up garage with relative ease.
Everybody can cook, play, work and hang out together from the comfort of the open-plan family and dining area that incorporates a huge modernised kitchen into its airy design and seamlessly extends out to the yard via sublime double French doors. The stylish kitchen itself oozes class in the form of funky light fittings, sparkling stone bench tops, a breakfast bar for casual meals, glass splashbacks, an appliance nook, ample storage options, a 900mm-wide La Germania gas cooktop/oven, a stainless-steel Miele range hood and a matching stainless-steel Bosch dishwasher for good measure.
Solid wooden floorboards and tall feature skirting boards complement high ceilings right throughout the house, whilst a separate formal lounge room doubles personal living options with its ornate fireplace, exquisite white plantation window shutters and another set of double French doors for fantastic segregation from the rest of the residence. The pick of the sleeping quarters is a spacious front master-bedroom suite with a ceiling fan and double French doors to a study – or “sunroom” – with pleasant French windows and another French door out to the hidden garden deck. The ensuite bathroom also boasts a walk-in wardrobe, stone vanity bench top, a large walk-in rain shower and a toilet.
Absolutely no expense has been spared within the recently-renovated main bathroom though, featuring massively-high ceilings, a walk-in rain shower, a free-standing bathtub, a cleverly-concealed European-style laundry with folding doors and ample storage options, Velux skylights (with an automatic rain sensor), Italian marble Jade hexagonal tiles, European Oak timber-veneer cabinetry, a quality Nood basin and mirrors, under-floor heating, custom-made Jarrah double-hung window frames (to match the existing windows), charming brass hardware, plenty of natural morning sunlight and French-door access down the side of the property. You will be forgiven for thinking you are in one of the world’s leading five-star hotel resorts, that’s for sure.
The time has finally come to create your own treasured family memories here, surrounded by lovely neighbours in a wonderful part of the suburb where The Little Pantry coffee shop and Piccolo Trattoria Italian restaurant are only walking distance away, as are the likes of the magnificent Shenton Park lake and playground, bus stops and Daglish Train Station. The property also falls within the optional catchment zones for both Bob Hawke College and Shenton College and is very close to other top public and private schools, medical facilities, world-class shopping at Claremont Quarter, Subiaco Square, bars, entertainment, our iconic Kings Park, the University of Western Australia, Elizabeth Quay and the heart of our vibrant Perth CBD. This is what dreams are made of!
Other features include, but are not limited to;
• High ceilings throughout, with angled cathedral-style ceilings to the main living space
• Garden views from almost every window
• Gated entrance through reticulated gardens
• Raked side verandah entry deck
• Large entryway into the house
• Ceiling fan and gas bayonet in the family room
• 2nd bedroom with built-in robes, a ceiling fan and a lovely bay window
• Large 3rd bedroom with a fan, BIR’s and a desk
• Newly-revamped powder room
• Linen/shoe storage cupboard
• Floored storage attic with lighting and drop-down-ladder access
• Modern paint to all interior and exterior walls, as well as the roof tiles (also re-sealed)
• Automatic Velux skylights to the kitchen and main living area, with bonus electric blinds and an automatic rain sensor
• Daikin ducted reverse-cycle air-conditioning system – with touch-pad zoning
• Modern flyscreens and security doors
• Gas hot-water system
• Outdoor garden lighting
• Mature trees planted for additional privacy in the backyard
• Side tool shed
• Separate driveway parking bay at the front of the property (on Gloster Street)
• 577sqm (approx.) block