Shaun Pratt of Bellcourt Mount Lawley is pleased to present to you 87 Stuart Street, Maylands.
Smack bang on the Inglewood border (the western boundary of this property is Inglewood), this workers cottage offers so much upside for those with vision.
Being completely honest, if you’re not a renovator/builder, this property won’t be for you. It’s not just a cosmetic lick of paint job. But, if you’re open to engaging a builder or you’re a renovator this property oozes potential and upside!
We’ve all heard these two sayings “worst house in the best street” (I almost feel bad saying that, it just needs some love!) and “location, location, location” – this home ticks both of those boxes for astute property moguls.
On one of Mayland’s most desirable tree-lined streets the location is second-to-none. You could be mistaken for thinking this property was actually in Inglewood. Take your pick of what cafe strip you’ll visit, do you toddle down to Beaufort Street, or head towards Maylands for brunch?
Now, to the property itself…
The inside of this property has hardly been touched since it was built in 1917, with timber floorboards, pressed tin ceilings and walls, raw brickwork in the kitchen and walls that have seen layers of life.
Situated on 559sqm, with rear laneway access, the sky is the limit with what options you have.
Potential options (all subject to relevant approvals of course):
– Renovate and extend into a luxurious family home (extended character homes in this precinct attract prices well into the early $1millions)
– Renovate the existing footprint and have a massive backyard
– Retain, renovate and subdivide into two lots. Sell off the back block or build another home at the back with it’s own laneway access.
– Landbank for the future. It’s getting harder and harder to find green-title blocks in the inner-city. Current friendly tenants are on a periodic lease at $280 per week and have lived at the property for the last 5 years and would happily stay on should you wish. A periodic lease allows for us to sell the property with vacant possession at settlement.
– 2/3 bedroom workers cottage (third bedroom is a sleep out situation)
– Super high ceilings
– Great room sizes
– Timber floorboards
– Pressed tin ceilings and on some interior walls
– 559sqm allotment with rear lane
– Zoned Residential R40 (two lot subdivision subject to relevant approvals)
– Character Protection Area under the City of Bayswater
– Inglewood border
– Being Sold “AS IS” – if you need a building inspection or advice please arrange for them to come along to the viewing with you.
Council rates: $1680.84 approx per annum
Water rates: $1099.05 approx per annum
For further information please contact Shaun on 0466 822 050 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org